Lifeguard Job Description
Job Description of a Pool Lifeguard
* Primary responsibility is to scan the water.
* Responsible for ensuring the safety of the facility patrons by preventing and responding to all emergencies.
* Preventing injuries by minimizing or eliminating hazardous situations and behaviors.
* Recognizes and responds effectively to all emergencies.
* Administering first-aid or CPR in an emergency.
* Informing other lifeguards and facility staff when more help or equipment is needed.
* Enforce all aquatic facility policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
* Be mature and show good leadership.
* Inspects the facility daily and reports unsafe conditions and equipment.
* Attends and participates in all in-services.
* Completes any additional duties that may be asked of you.
* Do any daily or nightly maintenance tasks.
Characteristics of an excellent lifeguard:
READY TO ACT
HEALTHY AND FIT
GOOD PUBLIC RELATION SKILLS